World Savings Day 2021
“The way to build your savings is by spending less each month.”
30th October is observed as world savings day every year. The aim of this day is to increase the public’s awareness of the importance of savings both for modern economies and for individuals alike. This is an annual celebration.
This day is celebrated by the World Savings and Retail Banking Institute (WSBI) to make people know about the savings and it’s benefits.
History of World Savings Day
By the 1st International Savings Bank Congress (World Society of Savings Banks) in Milano, Italy this day was first established on 30th of October in the year 1924.
This day was established to make people know the ideas and importance of saving money for their future. This day is also called world thrift day. Many countries after Italy started observing this day and this became an international event day for everyone.
CELEBRATE WORLD SAVINGS DAY
World savings day is celebrated for the saving of money and improving the economic status of everyone. There are many ways to celebrate this day. We are sharing some of them with you here which will help you.
- You can throw or organize an event for this day.
- This day is all about saving money so you can ask your friends and family to focus on this.
- You can make people aware by telling them to spend less money and without any valid reason.
- The money is the only future capital so try to save it.
- You can buy a manual from the market which will help you to know the ways of saving money.
- You can share a post on social media about this day.
- You can ask your social media friends to make more people aware about this day.
- You can search on the internet about ways of saving money.
SCHEMES BY GOVERNMENT FOR SAVING
The government has launched many schemes for the citizens to save money. Here we have mentioned those schemes for you. We hope that will help you.
- Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandhana Yojana (PMVVY)
- Senior Citizen Saving Scheme (SCSS)
- Public Provident Fund
- Post Office Savings Account
- Post Office Monthly Income Scheme ( POMIS)
PRADHAN MANTRI VAYA VANDHANA YOJANA (PMVVY):
This scheme has a ten years tenure. Thousand rupees is the minimum investment for this scheme. Maximum limit on investment- Rs 15 lakh for this scheme. Interest rate earned per annum is 8.3 percent.
SENIOR CITIZEN SAVING SCHEME:
This scheme is for the senior citizens above the age 60. This scheme provides a regular income for senior citizens. The Retired defense personnel aged 50 years or above this age can apply for this scheme. 8.7% is the per annum interest rate. Minimum thousand rupees can be invested in this scheme. Maximum Investment allowed is Rs 15 lakh for this scheme.
PUBLIC PROVIDENT FUND:
This scheme is considered as a safe investment option. If you want to withdraw your corpus, then it is possible after fifteen year of deposition. Minimum investment required for this scheme is Rs 500 per year. You can invest only Rs 1.5 lakh per year. The interest rate of this scheme is eight percent per annum.
POST OFFICE SAVINGS ACCOUNT:
This scheme offers better results. It is safe as well as offers the flexibility of partial and complete withdrawal of invested amounts at short notice for financial emergencies. Minimum Rs 20 are required to invest in this scheme. There is no limit investment. 4% per annum interest rate can be earned by this scheme.
POST OFFICE MONTHLY INCOME SCHEME (POMIS):
This scheme for investors is a low risk appetite looking for a regular assured sum. This scheme offers fixed income in the form of interest based on the lump sum deposit made by the investor. For this scheme minimum Rs 1500 are required. For a Single account Rs 4.5 lakh and for a Joint account- Rs 9 lakh is allowed. 7.3 % per annum interest rate is earned by this scheme.
IMPORTANCE OF SAVINGS
- Money and investment of money is very important.
- Saving money today will help you tomorrow.
- In an emergency your savings will help you the most.
- In your bad times such as medical problems,health problems, family problems or any economic problems the saved money will be the best partner for you.
- If you are wishing to have your own new house then you should start saving money from now.
- You should save money for your education and higher education.
- If you love travelling different places then you should save money for travelling.
- For being free or for your financial freedom money is must so you should save it.
- Make your retirement plan from now and save money for your retirement.
- Money should be saved for your long term financial security.
- Saving money for the stress free life is good.
- Money saving is not only good for you to help others when they need money.
- You should save money for Major Life Events
WAYS OF SAVING
As you know that saving money is good in many ways for you and your family. Now you have a question in your mind, how can we save money?
The answer for this question is here. We have listed some ways for you that will help you to save money for your future.
- You should spend less money every month.
- You should avoid spending money for not very important things.
- You should start a fixed deposit in a bank.
- You should open a savings account in the bank.
- You have to set a monthly savings goal.
- You should make a list of things that are not necessary and try to avoid spending money on them.
- You should use a bicycle thrice a week that will reduce the use of vehicles and help you to spend less money on petrol or diesel and it will be good for the environment too.
- If you eat everyday from outside then you should avoid it and make food at your home by your own.
- Make it possible to work on your own so that you do not have to give salary or spend money on the servants, drivers,cooks,etc.
- If you prefer to buy secondhand things then it will reduce your expenses.
“Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that. “
Thanks for visiting our site. We hope you liked our content.
Happy World Savings Day 2021.